Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Still and Quiet II


Tuesday, 08 March 2011

  • Still and Quiet II

    Yesterday I reread my last blog on sitting still and being quiet.  I realize how much more I could have said, or noticed things I shouldn't have said.  I realize that a picture could have been painted in the readers mind when I talked about me having a hard time being "quiet".   Here is this 44 year old woman who is red in the face, stomping her foot and talking loudly - I want answers right now!! Not a pretty picture at all!!!  Those who know me, know that I am sometimes too quick to speak and my words get me into trouble.  It is something that I am working at.  Being slow to speak  is a great virtue and I want it and with God's help, I can obtain it.  The kind of "quiet" that I was talking about, is the "quiet" that is FELT in our hearts, in our minds, in our very soul.  A quiet that comes when we refuse to let life's storms tip the boat.  It reminds me of a story in the Bible.  Jesus and His disciples were in a boat..... 
    And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith? -- Mark 4:35-40 KJV
    Jesus has that kind of "quiet".  The kind where no fear or doubt is found and faith abounds. We can be a big mouth kind of person proclaiming loud statements - literally.  We also can be a shy and timid kind of person, but be "standing up" and screaming loudly on the inside where nobody but God sees.  He was "quiet" on the outside AND inside.  We can be like that, too, by continually surrendering to Him and refusing to allow the high winds and waves of life's storms to topple our boats.  We can rest peacefully in the "hinder part of our ships" when we allow Jesus to be the navigator.  Oh, how I am learning.............
    Until next time.........

No comments: