Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Monday, April 1, 2013

New Career

When we are young, we want to be older, when we are old, we want to be younger.  When we are in school, we want to be out and then when we are out of school, we wished we were back in.  

Well, now as a wife, mother and grammy, I regret being in a hurry to be "out" and not taking the time to pursue more knowledge and a nursing degree.  That medical knowledge would've been quite useful in the past years, and future years, of raising children.  But, school just wasn't my thing at 17-18 years old - out, out, out - I wanted to get a job, earn money, have fun and that is what I did.  

Now at the ripe old age of almost 47, I am going back to school - to be that nurse!   I am hoping to join a medical team that is doing research on the benefits of sunshine and the mental effects of too much or too little of it.

Aren't you excited for me?
   
Thanks, I thought maybe you would be!


Well, guess what.......

I gotcha!

April Fools!!
No nursing school for me right now anyway.  Maybe when I am 60.......
and the mental effects of too much or too little sunshine?  Well, this post is a typical example of "too little".  Lack of Vita D does funny things to the imagination!

Until next time..........


2 comments:

Licia Augusta said...

I couldn't wait to see what you came up with this year! And, you didn't disappoint! :-)

I have always LOVED your sense of humor. Mind if I piggy back on your nurse theme and try and fool my family? Hehe!

Twila Henry said...

My first thought was....where did she find a research group like that?? :D You got me! :)