Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Farming Jokes

Wednesday, 17 February 2010

  • Farming Jokes

    *Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're
    a 1000 miles from the corn field.-Dwight D. Eisenhower,1890-1969

    *Little ol' boy in the Panhandle told me the other day you can
    still make a small fortune in agriculture. Problem is, you got
    to start with a large one. - Jim Hightower

    *The farmer has to be an optimist or he wouldn't still be a farmer.
     - Will Rogers, 1879 - 1935 
    Thanks to Tom for sending us the above sayings.   I thought I would add some jokes that I came across.  Hope they lighten your day!

    Celebrating an event

    An aged farmer and his wife were leaning against the edge of their pig-pen when the old woman wistfully recalled that the next week would mark their golden wedding anniversary.

    "Let's have a party, Homer," she suggested. "Let's kill a pig."

    The farmer scratched his grizzled head. "Gee, Ethel," he finally answered, "I don't see why the pig should take the blame for something that happened fifty years ago."

    Pig misunderstanding

    Howard County Police officers still write their reports by hand, and the data is entered later by a computer tech into their database. One theft report stated that a farmer had lost 2,025 pigs. Thinking that to be an error, the tech called the farmer directly.

    "Is it true Mr. (Smith) that you lost 2,025 pigs?" she asked.

    "Yeth." lisped the farmer.

    Being a Howard County girl herself, the tech entered: "Subject lost 2 sows and 25 pigs."

    Winning Nobel prize

    A man is driving down a country road, when he spots a farmer standing in the middle of a huge field of grass. He pulls the car over to the side of the road and notices that the farmer is just standing there, doing nothing, looking at nothing.

    The man gets out of the car, walks all the way out to the farmer and asks him, "Ah excuse me mister, but what are you doing?"

    The farmer replies, "I'm trying to win a Nobel Prize."

    "How?" asks the man, puzzled.

    "Well, I heard they give the Nobel Prize . . . to people who are out standing in their field."
    Until next time.............

No comments: