Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Saturday, February 5, 2011

8th Birthday of Oliver


Saturday, 05 February 2011

  • 8th Birthday for Oliver

    The long awaited birthday had finally arrived for Oliver yesterday.  He has been counting down the days for months.  He had been marking off each day on the calendar as they went by with a big X.  He was so concerned that everyone would forget about his big day and no one would buy him presents.  Well, we remembered and his grandparents on both sides, his married sis and his very favorite little person - Oakley, Carrie and 2 of his cousins, Drew and Cady came for supper.  He wanted lasagna, so I made a HUGE pan - enough to feed us all for supper and with gobs of leftovers, which the children wanted for breakfast AND lunch today. I made a cabbage salad to go with it.  I will share the recipe at the end of this post.  It is great!

    For his cake, we had chocolate cupcakes (with one HUGE one) with cream cheese icing. And of course, chocolate ice-cream.


    For his presents, he received money and a new bike.  This bike was on sale at WalMart (yes, I do shop WalMart, even though to some people it is a no-no) for $59.95 and when we got to the checkout it checked out at $49.95!  Wow!  What a nice surprise!  The bike, and it's owner, are now waiting for all this ice to melt before they venture outside together.  Anyone want to guess when that will be?  I try to comfort myself by saying that Spring will be here really soon.  And you know what?  It will be!  It always arrives after winter.
    Well, Happy Birthday, Oliver!  We love you bunches and are grateful that you belong to us!
    California Salad
    2 T sesame seeds, 1/2 C sliced slivered almonds, 1/2 medium had of cabbage, onion, 1 package chicken (Ramen noodles   Dressing:  3 T white vinegar, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 T sugar, 1/2 C oil, flavoring packet from Ramen.  This is especially good after it sits for a day.  Enjoy!
    Until next time..............    

No comments: