Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our 25th Wedding Anniversary


Tuesday, 04 October 2011

  • Our 25th Wedding Anniversary

    Dave & I are now married for a quarter of a century as of today at 2:00 PM!  Seems like yesterday in some ways, but also seems like I have always known him.  So very much has happened in 25 years and we have had many happy times, many sad times.  We have experienced many thrilling times, many scary times.  We have felt many secure and confident times, many insecure and inferior times.  But one thing remains and that is the fact that we stuck together through all those times and I look forward to staying glued to this man who God knew I needed all those years ago.   Kelsey and my mom put their heads together and planned a surprise celebration for us to take place this past Sunday.  It was beautiful and we really enjoyed seeing people we haven't seen for awhile and fellowshipping with our friends and family that came to honor us.  We were blessed!!
    I thought it would be fun to do a pictorial comparison from our wedding to our 25th anniversary.

    We were married at my home, back in the woods.  It was a nice day, but the threat of rain kept some of us looking heavenward a few times....

    1986 - Wedding

    25 years later

    From 2 to 11

    Bridal Party


    Bridal party transportation to reception

    Weidenhammer family transportation

    Wedding cake





    Anniversary cake






    Our parents at wedding



    Will add a recent picture when I get one..
    Grandparents - they are all deceased now

    waiters and waitresses

    The rest of the pictures were taken at anniversary party

      
    My sister-in-law, Mary did the decorating and it was so pretty and romantic.  My sister, Karen, was the photographer and I look forward to receiving the memory book she is putting together.  Much planning, work, and trying to keep secrets was put into the celebration and we are extremely honored.  Thanks so much to everyone who was involved.

    I just had to share the saying from the card from Dave's mom & dad.....
    "I'll love you for heifer!" he said without shame.  "I'll give you my heart and I'll give you my name."  She batted her eyes and blushed with a shudder as she felt the blood rush from one end to the udder.  From that moment forward, he stayed true to his word.  And together they raised one sizable herd!

    Until next time..............

No comments: