Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thankful For Another Year

As we get older, we realize more and more that another year is something to be very thankful for.  Life is short at it's longest, but we can take each day and enjoy it to it's fullest.  Today was one of those days!  My sister offered to make lunch for my birthday and it was delicious! It was shared with my mom, sister, her daughter, our daughter Kelsey and the her girls and our 3 youngest boys. 
This is my mom, sister and I....



Dave surprised me with 2 dozen red roses...♥  Love him to pieces!!  He said he went in to buy me a dozen and they told him it was "buy one get one free", and he just couldn't resist!  ☺  Oakley was here with me this afternoon when Dave got home and her response to seeing the roses was priceless!  Her eyes got real big and she sucked in her breathe in surprise!  She sat at the table just gazing at the bouquet.  For only being 2, she enjoyed them as much as I did.

This evening, Kelsey and mom brought supper over - I had picked for the menu - a big salad, chili and fruit salad - that's it!  Needless to say, the boys were very upset that I did not pick cake and ice-cream, too.  Another delicious meal! 


One of our favorite games (well for some of us anyway) is "occupation".  So, we played a few rounds of that.


The Weidenhammer women....


And to conclude the day, I had many wonderful birthday wishes from my facebook friends.  Thanks everyone!  It was a good day - even though it is now only 4 years to the young age of 50!  I think it really must be 60 when a person is considered "over the hill", wouldn't you say?  ☺

Until next time....................

2 comments:

elaine said...

Yesterday it was exactly 6 months till my 50th birthday.gulp,how can that be????The roses are lovely and Oakley's reaction was so cute!The salad looks yummy and Occupation is a fun game that we play when we go the mountains with family.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Brenda :)