Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sweet Baby Oakley

Sunday, 04 October 2009

  • Sweet Baby Oakley

    She arrived into this world Saturday, October 3rd, weighing 6# 12oz. and what a sweety she is!  Kelsey is now a mama and I a grandma.  I am wondering if the reality has really sunk in to either of us?  I am confident that she will be a wonderful mama and I am still contemplating this idea of being a grandma.  From the bottom of my heart, I LOVE the idea!  On the other hand, my role is now different to this wee one then to my own children.  I always looked forward to having my babies, but in the midst of it, I realized that the full responsibility of this child laid on Dave and my shoulders.  We were the ones who would love, feed, clothes, discipline and raise this child how the Lord would lead us.  Being a grandparent is different.  I looked forward to the arrival of Oakley in a different way.  I was going to be a grandma, not a mother, and there is a difference.  Now Gordon and Kelsey will raise her how the Lord leads them, they will love, feed, clothes and discipline her.  My role is to be supportive, encouraging, and helpful wherever I am wanted, but to allow God to run their family and to give them room to learn the lessons that come with parenting - giving me freedom to TOTALLY spoil  (and then send home) this little person who is now a part of our family.






                                                                Until next time...........

No comments: