Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Sunday, January 3, 2010

He's 21

Sunday, 03 January 2010

  • He is 21!!!

    Benjamin Oak, our oldest child, is now 21 as of January 1st.  Ben's beginnings were not that as other newborns.  When I was 27 weeks along in my pregnancy, I went into labor.  I was, of course admitted to the hosp., put on medication, strict bedrest, and with the news that I had an incompetent cervix and would be in hosp. till I had the baby.  My due date was March 30 - 3 months away.  However, after 2 days, it was obvious that this baby was not going to wait and I had an emergency C-section.  Ben was born weighing 2# 4oz.   It was a very rocky road, with times of him having to be put on life support and weighing as low as 1 # 15 oz..  To make a long story short, he spent 98 days in the neonatal intensive care and was finally able to come home (2 days after his actual due date), weighing 4 # 6 oz., on several meds and a heart monitor.  Ben suffered with alot of respiratory illnesses and spent time in the hosp. quite a few times.   He slowly outgrew most of the health issues.  Now Ben is 21!  And a very nice young fellow!    We are very proud of him and love him dearly!  We know that God had a purpose for the journey that Ben traveled in those early years and He has a plan for his future.  God has been good!
    This is Ben at 6 weeks old, weighing 2# 14 oz..  Dave's finger tip was the size of Bens hand.
    Ben as a preemie
    This is Ben now!  A very handsome dud!
    DSC_7795
    Happy Birthday, Ben!
    Until next time...............

No comments: