Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Mighty Men!


Saturday, 27 March 2010

  • The Mighty Men!

    This weekend was Georgie's Hunter's Education Course.  It started last evening (Fri. for about 3 1/2 hours) and about 7 hours today.  In PA, a person must take these classes before they can legally go hunting.  They may take these classes when they are 11, but cannot purchase the license until age 12.  Due to Dave's schedule here on farm, I took Georgie.  Alot of material was covered - being a responsible hunter, first aid, rifle, bow & arrow, crossbows, flintlocks, trapping, treestands, turkey hunting, dress requirements, how to take care of the harvest and ......not sure what all else.  And then a test was given.  We went to Robesonia to the Lebanon Valley Sportsman Assoc. and they have really wonderful instructors - very good with the children.   Anyway, Georgie passed and is now an official hunter.
    Geo. hunter
    When we came home, I noticed that the house was cleaned up.  I thought maybe a maid was here while we were gone.   Well, instead of 1 maid, I had 5 maids!  And they were all male!  The ringleader was Dave. He knew it would not be too fun for me to come home to alot of work, so he delegated.  He ran to Hornings and the library for me and Ben, Solomon, Uriah & Oliver tidied the house, swept the floors, emptied and refilled the dishwasher, took down a ton of laundry, folded it AND put it all away, and hung up another load.  The dishes were done and trash taken out.  Needless to say, I am VERY proud of them all, and I feel most honored and loved by my very dear husband.  He sacrified his time and the boys time to help me out.  There was alot of work they could've & should've done outside, but they put me first today.   I certainly am undeserving, but am extremely grateful for this very special man who is my lord, my closest friend and companion, and for my mighty men sons, who do so much for me and would protect me with their lives.   I also have a mighty man son-in-law who would do the same for me, also.  Kelsey & I are very blessed women-folk, indeed!  This post is to honor our men!
    Until next time.......

No comments: