Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Friday, July 23, 2010

Uriah is 9


Friday, 23 July 2010

  • Uriah is 9

    Yesterday was Uriah's 9th birthday.  I think I say this at all the children's birthday, "where have the years gone?"   He is our 5th child, 4th son and has a very sensitive, sweet spirit about him.  He dreams of having his own business one day.  He wanted lasagna for supper and for dessert - beach cups.  We took crushed vienna cookies and put some in the bottom of a cup, next a layer of pudding, a slice of cake hidden in it and topped with crushed cookies again.  A gummy worm for the eatable decorations (could use fish, too).  We had to use a long match for his candle - didn't work so great, though.  What a blessing to have him as part of the Weidenhammer gang!
    Copy of uriahs birthday 001
    When I was pregnant with Uriah, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  I have never had trouble with that before, but this time when I had the 1 hour sugar test done, it was positive.  I was sent to have a 3 hour sugar test.  How absolutely horrible is the drink they give you to drink each hour!  I still cringe thinking about that stuff!  I flunked that test, also, so I had to see a nutritionist, who put me on a strict diabetic diet and sent me home with instructions on how to stick myself 3 times a day to monitor sugar levels.  My morning levels would not stay low enough, so I had to give myself a shot each night before bed.  That became easier than pricking my finger!    I have a deeper respect for all the people who suffer with diabetes.  Not an easy thing to live with.
    Until next time.......... 

No comments: