Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Georgie's 12th B.D.


Monday, 20 September 2010

  • Georgie's 12th B.D.

    Georgie turned 12 on Thursday, the 16th.  One more year and he will be a teenager!  When I reminisce of my pregnancy with him, it is full of bittersweet memories.  My father was diagnosed with cancer the year before, had gone through treatment and had a few months where he seemed to be doing good.  However, he soon began to feel poorly again and the Dr's said that he could go through a second round of treatments, but it would only extend his life for a short time.  He refused.   In this time period I became pregnant, after about 3 years of believing that God had planned for us to have only 3 children.  Due to having difficult and high risk pregnancies, Dave & I decided that I would be anointed with oil at the beginning of this pregnancy.  What a privilege it was that my dad was still well enough to perform that anointing service on me!  (He was an elder in our church)  We decided that if we had a son, we would name him "George" after my father, in honor of him.  He cried when we told him.  Well, he passed away 2 1/2 months before I had our baby - a boy whom we named George Forest.  Oh, how I struggled with calling him that after his birth!  When looking at his sweet little face, it was hard to think of him as a George, for George was a grown man's name - my father's and grandfather's name.  Plus, I was still grieving over my dad's death and the name George made me sad.  What were we thinking to commit to that name months before?  Oh, I wept, and thought and could not sign that birth certificate until 3 days after he was born.  Dave decided that we would give him a middle name that we really like and call him by that if I could not call him "George".  So we changed Forest to Caleb.  But you know, he was our "little man" Georgie and we soon realized that it was the perfect name for him and we loved it!  Still do!  It means farmer, too, so he is living up to his name.  My mom and I have said more than once that he is even built like my dad and walks like him, too.  Bittersweet memories!  The death of my dad - the birth of our son......
    Ben took Georgie for an ice-cream cone and his hunting license to celebrate his birthday......



    Until next time.........

No comments: