Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Monday, July 22, 2013

He Is Now 12

Happy 12th Birthday to Uriah James!

The age of 12 means hunting!  
Saturday I took him to Cabela's for his Hunter's Safety Course.
It was a full class and it was taught by a long ago farm buddy of Dave's and a classmate to both of us, Jeff Walters.  He did a great job with the class!


Uriah passed and received his orange card, allowing him to get his license, which we did today.  So, this year, the hunter's in this family will be George, Uriah and guess who?  Me!  I decided that if I am going to go sit out with the boys, I may as well carry a gun and shoot the ones they miss!  : )  Just kidding!  It is the other way around hands down!  I would be fortunate to hit one standing close to me!  But, it would be fun to try!  And if you would see what those critters are doing to our corn, you would want to join me!  
Read about George's sharp shooting here.
  Sometime, I will have to share my "crying" and "yelling" hunting stories from long ago.  I am hoping I am beyond the crying stage if the gun jams again! 



Uriah wanted ice-cream sandwiches for his treat.  We decided that we would rather make them, especially since Breyer's is running a sale this week - 2 for $5.
I used a rice krispie candy recipe, but used Kix and Organic cheerios instead of Rice Krispies. 
Pretty yummy stuff!



Happy Birthday, Uriah!  What a blessing you are to all of us!!


Until next time..............





No comments: