Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Lactate Consultant and the Dr.


Kelsey is nursing little Toby.  She was having some problems and remembered that she was told that she can call the hosp. and be able to talk to a lactate consultant.  So she called the hosp. and they said that they would transfer her to that dept. just hold on.....

ring...ring....ring...
A deep MALE voice..."Hello"
"ummmm, is this a lactate consultant?" 
(dear Kelsey's mind is racing...why do they have a man doing this job?)
'a WHAT?"
"a lactate consultant?"
"WHAT is a lactate consultant?"
"someone who helps women with nursing their babies"
"Oh, God, NO!  I am just a patient!!"

Hospital blooper for sure!!!!



  Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  Visions of this man laying in his hosp. bed and gets a call with that kind of question!   We are hoping that he found it as humorous as we did!


Then she reminded me of another phone call she made in the middle of the night when she went into labor with Morgan.  She needed to call her Dr., so she dialed the number....


ring....ring....ring...
a very sleepy voice, "hello"
"is this Dr. Weiner?"
"who?"
"Dr. Weiner?"
"oh, no, you got the wrong number"


I am sure that poor woman was certain that someone was playing a prank on her.


What makes these calls even more humorous is the fact that Kelsey does NOT like making phone calls and didn't even before she made these 2 calls.  She is just so thankful that she does not know the recipients of her calls and that we can get a good laugh about them.

Until next time.....

4 comments:

Twila said...

That is to funny!! Gave me a laugh to go to work on for sure!

Anonymous said...

THAT was fantastic! Thanks for sharing that much needed laugh!

I hope Kelsey did manage to connect with the right person...

Deb said...

I feel for Kelsey. It would have taken a good bit of working myself up to make that call to the lactation consultant. I wouldn't have been happy at all when it turned out that way. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Lol... what a great memory it will be... but I hope Kelsey solved the problem :-)