Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Sunday, January 2, 2011

22nd Birthday for Ben


Sunday, 02 January 2011

  • 22nd Birthday for Ben

    Ben turned 22 yesterday, New Years Day.  Wow!  Already?   It worked out better to celebrate it today, though.  The day didn't start out exactly how I had planned it.  I spent last night from about 12:30 to 5:00 out of bed with a headache, still sore gums from my tooth extraction on Wed., and a backache.  When ibuprofen don't help, then I know I need to see a Chiropractor (on my list for this week).  Anyway, I was finally able to sleep early this morning and when I came downstairs, David's mighty men were hard at it.  The dishwasher was being emptied, rooms tidied up, floors being swept, and table being prepared for company.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate my boys and hubby!  Anyway, lunch was almost ready by the time the guests arrived - Kelsey, Gordon & Oakley, Grandma L, Carrie, Nathan and Sara.  Along with chicken and green beans, we had home-made french fries that were cut with my food processor (with french fry cutter) and then coated with olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt and onion flakes and baked in oven.  They were very yummy, especially the crispy ones!



    For dessert, we had tapioca pudding, ice-cream and coconut cake.


    Ben is a good meat processor (for some reason "butcher" sounds somewhat barbaric, doesn't it?) and so his cake was a diagram of beef cuts.  Wondering about his candles?  I didn't have 22 candles and I had just read in a magazine about using spaghetti.  Well, they didn't work, but it sure made for a good laugh!

    So, our oldest child is 22!  Ben is a great guy and we are very blessed to have him.  Love you, Ben!

    Ben and long time friend, Nathan...

    Grampa and his special little lady, Oakley...


    Fun day with family and friends!

    Until next time..............

No comments: