Zechariah 13:9

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried; they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Zechariah 13:9

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe


Saturday, 15 January 2011

  • Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe

    Eenie, meenie, minie, moe, catch a diet by it's toe, if it fails, try another, eenie, meenie, minie....oh! bother!  The whole subject of losing weight is quite popular this time of year.  The new year rolls around and everyone is reminded on how they failed to keep off weight or lose weight in the past year and they determine that the coming year WILL be different.  I fall into the "everyone" and I suspect that some of you do, too.  I have been doing research and thinking about the epidemic of overweight people and I am (or was) attempting to try to figure it all out.   Did you know that it is better to eliminate all the fats, meats, dairy (including eggs), from your diet and eat mostly complex carbs, veggies and only 3 servings of fruit a day?  You will lose weight really fast and be filled with energy?  Oh, did you know that you should cut out most of your carbs, but eat fats (the healthy kinds), veggies and some fruits and you will lose weight and be filled with energy?  By the way, did you know that if you eat soup and vary some of the ingredients so you don't get bored, you will lose weight and be filled with energy?  I almost forgot...did you know that you should eat NO carbs, but eat LOTS of eggs, fats, meats and veggies and you will lose weight and be filled with energy?  Or, maybe, you should know that you should eat mostly raw foods, including some meats, lots of healthy fats, fermented everything and you will lose weight and be filled with energy?   Better yet, eat whatever you want, but cut your portions in half.  And they all work, I know because I read the testimonies.  So, you are saying you didn't know all that?  Where have you been all these years?
    We live in the land of Options.  We can go into any grocery store and choose from a huge selection from all the food groups.  Need a new car?  Well, which one do you want?  How about a church, or clothing store, or whatever......and of course, we want the best bargain.  So we spend much time, much money, and too much energy into finding and making the perfect choice.  The world of dieting has joined the ranks of obsessive searching for the best bargain.  The one that promises to quench that fleshly desire of looking slim and sleek and fit for the billboard - fast!  And through it all, people are making big money giving completely opposite information from the next guy who has discovered that humans are very gullible folks!
    Now, back in my high school days (let's see, I can't remember when that was), it was such a shame to be even slightly overweight.  Double chin?  Do this exercise.  Thighs rubbing?  Buy the exercise gadget that hangs over the back of your door.  Now, I am seeing a different story.  The Dr. told me that they changed the charts, so now we aren't expected to be so skinny.  And I just read an article questioning the myth that obesity will kill you.  Why, us folks that are chubby are healthier than those slim, sleek Kens & Barbies!  Oh, you didn't know that either?  You definitely have been out of the loop.  Loop?  What loop?  Which one?  Which ever one you want to find - right or wrong - true or false - it is out there and you can read all about it in whichever magazine you pick up or website you want to read.
    What's the solution?  Don't quite know, for you see, I am still chubby.  Depending on which Dr. I ask, just 30 lbs. overweight, to another Dr. 50 lbs..  Who knows, I might find one that tells me I am skinny! 
    Well, to be totally honest, I think I have some answers!  I Timothy 4:1-5 tells us that we should not be commanded by anyone to not eat certain foods, which God has created and we should receive it with thanksgiving (please read this, it is very interesting).  And there are other scriptures that provide answers, but my intention for this post was not a sermon, but to just share the humorous (sometimes not so humorous) side of it all and to encourage each of us to eat according to how God is leading you.
    Until next time.......... 

No comments: